5 Reasons Every Man Should Invest in Cashmere
Here at Mercy & Loyal, sweater weather is year around and cashmere is a wardrobe essential and a big part of our Men’s Fashion Guide. But there’s much more to cashmere than just it’s coziness – it’s one of the most luxurious and functional materials in the world. Cashmere is made from the rare fibers found in the undercoat of cashmere goats that live in Mongolia and China. The material has a rich history and extensive development process, producing a high quality, unique and versatile product. Here are 5 reasons you need to add cashmere to your wardrobe – stat.
1. Softness – Forget the days of thick, itchy wool sweaters. Enter cashmere – soft, luxurious and never itchy.
2. Warmth – Cashmere is warmer than wool (3 times warmer, to be exact!) while being both lighter and more comfortable. It actually helps you maintain your body temperature, and keeps you warm but never too hot. Need we say more?
3. Resilience – Cashmere sweaters are less prone to pilling than wool sweaters, and also don’t shrink when washed correctly. A high quality, well cared for cashmere sweater will last you a lifetime.
4. Quality – Cashmere is a higher quality material, which does cost more, but also means your sweater will always look brand new.
5. Ease of Wear – Whether you stuff your cashmere sweater in your luggage or throw it in a box to store for the summer, the second you pull it out it will look brand new as cashmere doesn’t wrinkle. This makes cashmere the ultimate fabric for travel – packs easily, is lightweight and layers, keeps you warm, and doesn’t wrinkle.